Friday, September 6, 2013

Snakes on a Bed

Welcome to my blog! Let me just say something before I get started...I suck at writing and I hate it. The only reason I'm doing this blog is for my ENG 303 class at EKU and since I have to do it I might at well have some fun! Let's see how this goes...

I figured I'd start out with this story a friend told me back in high school.  Which, from the title of this post you might have guessed it is a story about a snake. Well you'd be correct! The story started by her saying this is a friend of a friends story that she had heard the other day. This friend has a pet snake that she lets sleep in the bed with her.

First of all, who would have a pet snake?!
Secondly, why in the world would you let it sleep with you?!

But back to the story...so she loved this snake. When it came time to go to bed she would lay her snake righy next to her and it would curl up and sleep there. After a few months she realized the snake had stopped eating the food she would feed it. A couple days after that she noticed that when she layed down to go to sleep her pet snake would stretch out next to her instead of curling up.

She got really worried and took her snake to the vet. She was telling the vet all about what was going on with her snake and the vet got really worried and told her she needed to get rid of the snake ASAP. She was so upset and asked why. The vet said that the snake was planning on EATING HER and was sizing her up to see if he could fit her in his body! That's not all though, the vet said that she shouldn't release the snake into the wild because it would find its was back home!

My reaction to this story: OH MY GOSH THIS IS NOT OK!

Well upon starting this blog I wanted to tell you all this story so I was doing some research to see if this had happened more than once. After a few minutes and about 3 different websites I found out the very disappointing fact that this story is NOT true.  As disturbing as this story was I so wanted it to be true because it was fun to tell people and see their reactions! Sorry if I disappointed you all with this last paragraph but I couldn't let you go on believing it was true and live under the lie like I had to for so many years.

Hope I didn't ruin your day too much :)

Thanks to listening to my story!

2 comments:

  1. Haha... I have heard this same story before so I knew it wasn't true. It is an old folktale about the same as the silly ghost stories that are told all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That is so funny. I love it and I too will have to have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete